Home health care encompasses a broad range of various health care services that may be provided in your home for an injury or illness. Usually, home health care is more convenient, less expensive, and as effective as the care you receive at a skilled nursing facility (SNF) or hospital.
The following are some skilled home health services that may be available:
Monitor unstable health status and serious illnesses
Nutrition or intravenous therapy
Caregiver and patient education
Wound care for a surgical wound or pressure sores
Generally speaking, home health care has the goal of treating an injury or illness.
A Qualified Home Health Care In Houston can help you:
- Regain your independence
- Get better
- Slow decline
- Maintain your level of functioning or current condition
- Be as self-sufficient as possible
If you receive Medicare benefits from a Medicare health plan, then check your plan to see if it provides you with home health benefits that are covered by Medicare.
If you have a Medigap (Medicare Supplement Insurance) policy or some other kind of health insurance coverage, speak to your doctor or healthcare provider to ensure that your bills are paid properly.
If your referring health care provider or doctor determines that you need to have home health care, then they should provide you a list of the agencies that service your area. They need to tell you whether or not their organization has any financial interest in any of the agencies on the list.
What can I expect from home health care?
To start care, you need to have your doctor’s orders. After you have been referred for home health services by your doctor, an appointment will be scheduled by the home health agency and come to your house to discuss your need and ask questions about the state of your health.
The staff at the home health agency also will speak to your doctor about your home care and continue to update your doctor about your progress.
It is very important for the home health staff to see you as frequently as has been ordered by the doctor.
Examples of what should be done by the home health staff:
- Check what you are drinking and eating.
- Check your breathing, heart rates, temperature, and blood pressure.
- Check to make sure you are taking any drugs and prescriptions as well as any treatments properly.
- Ask if you are experiencing any pain.
- Check your home safety.
- Teach you about your individual care so that you can take care of yourself properly.
- Coordinate your care. That means they need to communicate on a regular basis with your doctor, you and anyone else who provide you with care.
Looking for a reliable and nurturing home health care provider in the Houston area? Please contact call us today:
Sahara Home Health Care
140 Eldridge Rd, Sugar Land, TX 77498
Tel: (281) 313-0085